I am one of the 50 to 70 million Americans suffering from sleep deprivation. Why isn’t there a warning label on my pillow that says, “If you don’t spend enough time on me you could die like the lab rats.”? I get anywhere from 7-9 hours of sleep any given night. But I wake up tired EVERY SINGLE DAY.
I think I know why…
- I am a mother of a 1 year old.
- Because I woke up multiple times at night to feed a child for 7 months – my brain was rewired and I still wake up several times a night just for the heck of it.
- My husband snores, grinds his teeth, and happens to sleep next to me.
- The neighbors behind us have a bajillion beagles cooped up in little pens and they howl at all hours of the day and night.
- I am a light sleeper and all of the above do not help that.
- I have weird dreams, talk in my sleep, and come very close to sleep walking – so my husband often must yell at me to go back to sleep and leave him alone. (He especially loves when I’m partially asleep, eyes open, looking around the room, and yelling at people I apparently see to “GET OUT, GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!”)
- I am a mother of a 1 year old. Did I already say that? Well, it’s an important culprit.
- I’m up in the middle of the night thinking of witty things to write on Facebook and now my blog.
I’m too tired to think of anything else.